Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Snow is here

No pictures tonight. All you would have seen was a wall of sleet moving in on the track at Pickerington Central.
Tonight was supposed to be hill work. It was getting dark, and the parks close at dark. I decided I had enough time to go run at the track, then run up the steep embankments around the stadium.
I ran two miles, then ran hill repeats on the hill that was probably 30-35% grade. I did 6 hill repeats, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
I decided to leave just in case the cops came by and wanted to know why I was running in the rain/snow in the dark on school property.
On my way home, I was just itching to run some more.
I pulled over at this church, and jumped out and ran 1 more mile up and down this valley that had a steep hill on both sides. That gave 3+ miles overall.

3 + miles total:

2 miles Time: 17:04 8:28 average pace
+ 6 hill repeats at 35% grade
1 Mile worth of hill repeats 8:58 pace

2 comments:

  1. Snow! Holy C%&P! 94F here today, family spent the afternoon on the beach...still having the seasons would be nice...kinda. Good for you for getting out there and geting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is cold here, and will be getting colder. I love adverse conditions to train in which is why I like winter. I get a lot of stares as I am running down the road when it is raining or snowing.
    I do not like the heat when it comes to running. Zaps me every time.

    ReplyDelete