Sunday, November 4, 2007

LSD..... my Drug of Choice!

Sunday is my day to slow down a bit, and go for an LSD Run in the Hood or, Long Slow Distance for those in my family flipping out that I am hooked on LSD.
Actually, I am hooked on LSD. My favorite type of run. I can go out for hours and just absorb my surroundings.
I headed out towards Busey Rd through he hood. My first stop: The Buffalos.
Okay Tanya, since you don't believe me about the hills or the Buffalo, here they are:

This pictures is on my way back from the turnaround. When I came upon them earlier, they were out in the field more.

Anyway, earlier in the run, I went past the Buffalo, and started down a steep HILL, and this guy was outside with his Black Lab. He and I chatted for a second, and he asked me "how far you running"? I said "oh, just 8 miles today".
I then said that I would be back in a few because I was going to turn around a few miles ahead.

On my way back, I start up that damn HILL and as I crest the hill, I hear Metallica blasting from a stereo. It was the guy I was chatting with before. He yelled: "I thought you could use a little pick me up coming up that hill". I was dying laughing.
How's that for a training run support. I said "thank you, I love Metallica".

I got to the turn around and felt really good, and decided to run the second half a little harder.

I got to the Haunted School House, and decided it would be a good time to stop and eat my last Shot Bloks, and turn my iPod on.

I took off and wound my way back home trying to avoid the killer Jack Russell Terrier, and a Bad Ass Yorkey. If they got a hold of me, I probably would have been a dry boned carcass along side the road.

The last picture below shows a great way to end all of my LSD excursions: Leg Drains. For those who do not know what Leg Drains are, or have never done them. They are wonderful. It helps keep the soreness from setting in the next day from all the Lactic Acid buildup.



Special Thanks to the Buffalo Farmer for getting his Buffalo ready for a publicity shot.
Special Thanks to Dianni Homes of Pickerington for allowing me to refill my water bottle from their garden hose.

Total Distance: 8.08 miles 1:18:13 Pace: 9:41

5 comments:

  1. Metallica not my cup of tea, but I like the idea of leg drains...is that what the LXI on you car stands for:

    "Leg-drains Xcellent Idea"

    Great blog, looks like we are on similar paths with similar goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew there were Buffalo in Columbus??
    I also like the leg drains. I also used them during the late miles of Burning River when my legs felt like they were about to fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, now that I think of it, you were probably the one I was holding their legs up to do leg drains at O’Neil Woods aid station during Burning River.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that where the cold pizza was? mile 85-90??

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I remember now, Leo (I think that's who it was) asked if I wanted the pizza heated up, I declined and just eat it cold. then I laid down and raised my feet to take the pressure off and you were so kind as to hold them up for me! After that, Those last ten miles were the best I ran all race! I caught something like 12 people in that stretch.

    ReplyDelete