Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Track Work

I just got my new Asics Nimbus in the mail. I love these shoes. I wanted to immediately go out and break them in.

I decided I would try going to the track again. I've ran there many times but got bored with just running in circles. After reading Josh's Blog, it hit me: Duh! Go to the damn track to work on speed.

Seriously, the roads around here are too varied. Even though it is Ohio, there is not a consistently flat surface around here. In certain instances, that is a good thing.
I used to be somewhat a faster slow poke when it came to running. I had always wanted to break 4 hours in a marathon, and was very close to doing it until I was injured. I want that back!
Anyway, I went to Pickerington Central High School track since it is closer to my house.
The Pickerington North High School track is very nice, but seems to be a few people out there. -Too crowded!
I shouldn't complain. They have two tracks at Pick North side by side. It is really nice. The cushioning is like a cloud.

So, to sum up: I have 3 tracks to run at, 2 Cross Country courses to run, a slew of parks, and endless roads. I feel lucky.

Okay, back to the damn workout:
I decided tonight would be mile repeats with a short break in between. I wanted to work on leg turnover, and better my form.

Mile 1: 8:43 200 meter walk break
Mile 2: 8:28 200 meter walk break
Mile 3: 8:53 400 meter walk break
Mile 4: 8:21

Totals: 4 miles Average: 8:37/mile pace

No comments:

Post a Comment