Monday, December 3, 2007

Treadmill Fartlek........

Tonight I was planning a 6 mile run, but due to time constraints, (my wife was hungry, and my sister was over helping me out), I had to cut it down to just 3 miles. So, instead of just running 3 boring miles on the treadmill, I decided to run it Fartlek style. I love this type of run.
It would run a little bit, then crank up the treadmill to about 8.5 - 9 mph, and run this speed for about 30-40 seconds. I did this at random intervals, which at times felt really good to let loose.

I had no heart rate issues tonight which was great. I started out at a really slow pace, and built on that after a half mile. In reality to some people ( Liz & Josh ), I went from extremely slow to a faster slow pace. I'm just envious of faster runners is all. It's all good though. I just tell myself I run slow so I can enjoy the scenery longer. These athletes are great runners who just so happen to have the ability to move fast.

Totals: Miles: 3.01 Time: 28:22 Pace per mile: 9:41

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the heart rate issue is calming down...had me worried there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. Yes, I hope it does too anyway. See my next post regarding the little device I get to wear for the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete