Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My new little running device.....


For the next two weeks anyway. I went to my doctor yesterday regarding my sleep issues. I can be up for two or three days straight. He gave me some wonderful little pills that should help me. Ambien can also have a side effect that makes me Sleep-Eat in the middle of the night.
Much like Sleep-Walking, I get up in the middle of the night and eat a lot of what ever is the most convenient to eat.
If my wife has any junk food, I eat it. I usually eat the things during these times that I typically never eat when I am awake.
I have a few good stories about this medicine that would really make you laugh.

Anyway, I asked my doctor about the heart rate issues I have been having and he gave me this little device. I have to wear it for the next two weeks as previously stated. When ever I notice my heart rate is high, via my heart rate monitor or by feel, I push a little button that records a minute or so of data. Once I get a few records, I can then upload them to the company who makes the device for analysis.
I have to run tonight, so we'll see how it goes.
Off to bed...

2 comments:

  1. wow! thats quite the contraption! where does that thing go when you run? Does it strap on your arm, like an Ipod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sorta don't get to see the read out, but I did notice tonight when I hooked it up that it showed my heart waves on the screen. I run with a Garmin 305 so I can see my heart waves on it when I upload it to my computer. Kinda nice to have to monitor overtraining and other issues.

    ReplyDelete