Friday, December 21, 2007

Cardio killer and Salty Bacon Sanwiches...mmmmm

I was thinking tonight half way through my cardio session that it is Friday night, and I am not out doing something else. Like eating a huge Steak or Wings.
What the hell was I thinking? This was the moment, this was the time for me to kick it in gear and get ready for 2008. No more eating stuff like that. I am on a mission.
I think I was craving steak because I was working so hard and burning so many calories and probably a little muscle (which it isn't good to burn muscle).
I used to crave Salty Bacon Sandwiches during marathons and other long runs.
I got the idea once when I read that British runners eat Bacon Sandwiches after marathons. Damn that sounds good right now.
American's eat something but I cannot remember exactly what it was. Burgers? Pizza? not sure.
All I could think about was my British roots and Salty Bacon Sandwiches!!!!!

One time when I was running a 21 miler with Kim Love-Ottobre and Tanya Senne at Mohican, I was thinking about the Mushroom and Swiss Angus Burger from McDonalds. At the time they had just brought them out since Columbus is a Test Market for new products. Those burgers were made by the Devil himself. I once ate two in one day.
I used to be on a Chipotle kick for a while.

Anyway, back to my run. I went to the gym tonight to run and work out.
I started my workout with a warm-up of 5 minutes of jump rope, then hit the Stairmaster for 30 minutes, then jumped on the treadmill for another 30 minutes. I was wiped out when I was done.
I need to rest up for Mohican on Sunday. I cannot wait. It is just what I am looking for.


Totals: 3.05 miles........ Time: 29:05......... Pace 9:32

3 comments:

  1. way to work towards those 2008 goals! I can related with the food thoughts while running. mmmm....Chipotle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Brit living in the US good bacon is one thing I really miss from home, we always stop at a "greasy spoon" just outside Heathrow when we visit!

    Nothing wrong with a steak, just go for quality over quantity.

    Have a good long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually SLB, I am not a "Brit". My name is actually of British decent, as a lot of Americans are. I actually have a picture of our family crest from England. I have a lot of American Indian in me as well. I have a hard time claiming I am American Indian, but, my name says it all. That's why I loosely say I my roots are in Britain.
    I would however love to visit that greasy spoon as I am dying to go to London for a week or so.
    As far as steak, it is usually a nice filet for me.

    ReplyDelete