Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cold 8 mile Run



Tonight, I decided to go out and run either 6 or 8. It is 17 degrees out right now.
I felt kinda tired not even two miles into the run. It was hard running on the sidewalks at times because all of the snow. There was ice everywhere. I ran on the road when I could which allowed me to run a little faster. I stopped and hooked up my heart monitor after I noticed it was high. It wasn't pegged like other times, but I wanted to be sure.

I ran my usual loop around Pickerington, and when I got to 4 miles, I simply turned around and headed back the way I came. I walked some allowing my heart rate to come back down. Some of the hills were too difficult to run up due to ice and snow, so I just walked instead. It was nice to be out and see all the Christmas lights lighting up the neighborhoods.


Totals: 8 miles Time: 1:21:04 Pace: 10:08

1 comment:

  1. Nice run, I'm such a wimp when it comes to running in the cold. I don't have any problem doing it with other people but running alone in the freezing cold doesn't work will for me. I guess it will be a long winter of running around and around the indoor track for me, I'll pick my outdoor battles wisely.

    ReplyDelete