Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Red, Blonde, or a Brunette? Possibly all Three?

Since I cannot sleep, my mind has been wondering about all the possibilities out there. So many of them, so little time.
I am thinking about my next brew you pervs, not what was going through your mind.

Although, I think Robin Meade now trumps my previous ladies: Elle McPherson, and Katherine Zeta Jones. The Jury will still debate.

Anyway, I am thinking about what to brew next. I have a Dunkleweizen (My Brunette) fermenting as I type this post. It is a recipe I found and I can't wait to see how it comes out. That's what brewing is all about. RIGHT? Give me two more weeks and I'll be drinking it up. I think I'll name it Rotkehlchen Weizen (Robin Wheat). Sounds cooler in German.
When I bought my Kegerator, the guy I bought it from gave me a Sierra Nevada knock off version of their Pale Ale kit (My Blonde). It never turned out, so I dumped it all out.
So, for my Blonde, I'll probably do a California Steam Beer, or a Lefse Blonde, or possibly a light beer for my sissy neighbors who cannot handle a "heavy".
I've been looking at Northern Brewer, Midwest Brewer, and Austin Homebrew Supply to see if there is a Red that I can do. The possibilities are a Scottish 80 Schilling, Raspberry Wheat, or an Irish Draught Ale.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? You an leave comments anonymously if you want.

7 comments:

  1. I knew what you were saying before you said it...lol!!

    Scott had a kegerator until it exploded in the fridge and I trashed it. Made a HUGE mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would appear that I would first decide to brew a new beer that I have not brewed. Next, if you need, I recommend a high alcohol content with a full flavor and a bit hoppy. This will be an excellent batch to sample as you and I set a date to brew my first batch. I am going to get the turkey stove first. And ofcourse to be able to bend a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the "Blonde" - I like that type best;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob, I got a turkey fryer I got on Craigslist for $20.00. I brewed a batch with it and it worked perfectly. No need to go get one as you can use mine for when we brew. All we need is propane tank.

    Stephanie, I am thinking blonde too. For some reason, I am thinking more specifically about a Honey Blonde, or something with Honey in it, lightly hopped of course. I got it. How about a Honey Kolsch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In honor of my beautiful wife (she'd kill me if I didn't say that), I'd go with the blonde brew. :)

    Oh and my only other suggestion is to let me try whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure this post would have been 10 times more entertaining with a slight beverage buzz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luc: I am going to brew a Honey Kolsch next. It's a nice light German Summertime brew. I cannot wait!
    You are more than welcome to come and try them all. Since I only have the one bottled, the rest will most likely be kegged.

    RM: I think you are right.

    ReplyDelete