Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mohican Trail Run


I went out to Mohican today for a relaxing run on the Red/Green loops. I got there at 7AM and pretty much had the entire trail to myself.

I wanted to go up to work out a few kinks with my feet, diet and gear.

I'm really glad I had this opportunity as these new shoes I bought are causing way too many hot spots. I still have not decided if I'll use these shoes at all. After today, I ended up with about 3-4 hot spots despite the Vaseline and Injinji socks. Damn you Montrail! Oh well.

I've pretty much honed my diet down to a High Fat, High Starch pre-run breakfast and a Gluten free pasta dinner the night before a long run.

I ate a Johnsonville brat burger (plain) and boiled potatoes (plain) before I left, and simply sipped on my Perpetuem, HEED and Hammer Bars the entire run. Zero stomach issues.

I am going to stay away from candy and anything with sugar (before and during the run). More specifically anything that has a sugar ending in "ose" ie: fructose, sucrose, lactose...you get the idea.

Towards the middle part of the run I started running into gangs of people on horses. I couldn't believe all the beautiful horses out on the trail. Some of them didn't know what to do as they approached me. Some of the riders had a hard time handling them as they were scared of me.

The run overall was uneventful. Kinda what I was hoping for.

Totals: 21 miles on trail

3 comments:

  1. I like your breakfast menu!

    This morning I had pepperoni and sausage pizza for breakfast, but my run was only 5 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, I am wising up and staying away from that "runner" diet.
    Really, who wants to eat toast and a bananna? Gimme a steak and some eggs before my long run or greasy pizza anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that picture! Great report and sounds like you're ready to try the full 100 this year!!

    Hey I got a bunch of Honey Stinger goods on their way to my house as I type! Can't wait!! Thanks for introducing me to them...

    ReplyDelete