Sunday, June 14, 2009

Don't Lick your Computer Screen!


Here is the first official pouring of my newest creation: My Dunkleweizen (German for Dark Wheat). I Love the Germans.....and the Belgians....and the British....and the Bohemians

I was a little nervous kegging this batch, as I've never kegged before. Thank goodness for You Tube and the net. The idea of kegging is so I don't have to bottle which is a pain to do.
Also, if I want a little bit of beer, I can drink as little of it as I want to.
I also was able to pick up these very nice Beer glasses with a Black Lab on them, since I am totally obsessed...I mean, dedicated, to my pup: Buxton.
The beer will get better with a little age, but I am not sure it will age that long as I only have 5 gallons of it. The carbonation is alright, but seems not be at it's full potential yet.
The alcohol content is low as it should be for this type of beer. It came in just under 5% ABV.
Despite this, when I tested out a few too many glasses the other day I ended up a little fuzzy.
No more beer for the rest of the week. It's time to detox so I can be ready for next weeks' race.
Even though I love beer, it doesn't always love me. I always feel sluggish for days after drinking beer. Not a good race strategy.

3 comments:

  1. Liquid carbs, right?

    Good luck staying off the stuff until after race day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I can almost taste it - although my favorite is pils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - you are teasing us again!!!

    ReplyDelete