Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Double Fran

I was fighting the urge to stay home tonight and do nothing. I gathered myself and headed out the door to Rogue knowing I was about to have a bad day. Not sure why exactly, I just had no energy.
When I got there, the skill work out was already on the board, and I knew it was gonna be bad.
Thrusters, and Kipping Pull Ups for the skill means only one thing: Fran
My shoulder was not gonna be happy either. Seems ever since high school, my shoulder has been acting up when I lift anything too heavy, or the wrong way. I need to have it checked out.
This entire workout involves the shoulder heavily.
Despite the shoulder pain, I scaled the workout back for myself. Instead of Pull Ups, I did jumping pull ups. Instead of Thrusters with 95 lbs prescribed weight, I did them with just a 4 foot PVC pipe. Also, I doubled all the reps in the prescribed WOD.
In all, I still got a great cardio work out in. In fact, I almost threw up. Never, never, never eat before CrossFit.

Warm up: 1 mile run
40 Squats
30 Push Ups
20 Pull ups (I used the assisted band)

Skill: Thrusters, Kipping Pull Up

WOD: Fran
21-15-9 reps of: (I did 42-30-18)
Thrusters (PVC Pipe)
Kipping Pull Ups (I used the assisted band)

My time: 7:38 -Not a true Fran time, but at least I did it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment