Thursday, January 3, 2008

Workout tonight, and a little running....

I have been hesitant to jump back into running too soon after this bout of being sick. It seems the past two times I came back from Mohican, I continued to get sick. Actually, I don't think I have ever gotten over it. My wife has been really sick and has missed a couple of days of work. Something that never happens.
Anyway, I forced myself out of the house, and went to the gym to continue the work needed to prepare for 2008 running.

I began with my usual 10 minute jump rope session, which killed!
After that, I jumped into a full chest workout:
Bench Press
Dumbbell Press
Incline Press
Decline Press

I have not done Bench Press in Years! If you would have known me before my running days, you would laugh at that statement. The heaviest I ever bench pressed was a solid 353 lbs. The heaviest I ever weighed was a solid 236 lbs. I was a lot of muscle then.
At that point in my life, I turned to running as a release to the many stresses to life, thanks to my wonderful friends Laura and Mike.
Running is my drug of choice now, NOT Weight Lifting. Weight lifting made me aggressive as hell. No, I wasn't on anything, it just made me frustrated even more with life. Running released everything for me. Its those endorphins I tell ya! So addictive!

Anyway, I am trying to disguise my pathetic running tonight with a side story about lifting weights. I ran 1 mile tonight. There, I said it.
I just wanted to test the waters tonight to see how I would respond.
I can feel the sickness still in my chest a little. I made sure I sat in the 200 degree heat of the sauna when I was done.


Totals: 1 Mile Time: 9:35 Pace: 9:35

2 comments:

  1. hi! i cannot wait to go out west :) but i will still stay close with crc, i'll call and share my crazy seattle stories. it will be hard to leave this place.
    :(
    on a sidenote: we have your fuelbelt pack here.

    take it easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more mile than I ran tonight!

    353 bench?? wow, that's impressive. The most I could ever bench was 185. Now I don't even want to know...probably around 120.

    ReplyDelete