Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Once again, things are on hold.

I just got back from the doctor this morning. I have been really sick off and on for the past 3 weeks or so.
Going running while sick didn't help matters any either.

My doctor seems to think I have Mono. He gave me a 5 day round of Anti-biotics, decongestant, and ordered blood tests. If it does come back positive for Mono, then I can forget Buckeye Trail, which it is looking that way anyway, and the Mississippi 50. There is nothing you can do for Mono anyway.

I may have to just settle for a Mohican 50 miler instead of shooting for a Mohican 100. I was told that there will be a separate 50 miler this year for Mohican which is cool.
There will be some cool races later in the year I can shoot for. It just bums me out to be so close, and miss out on something you've looked forward to for month's.

2 comments:

  1. Well that sucks. Rest easy and try not to stress out too much, there will be plenty of races for you later in the year.

    Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. how dare stupid things like sickness and injury intrude on our running!! why can't fat people who sit around and watch tv all day get sick and injuried, they wouldn't even notice. It might be a little too early to throw in the towel for Mo. You could be up and running in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete