Sunday, January 27, 2008

I got up early this morning to do another cardio session in place of running. The last time I did this, I ended up with a nice migraine. This time, my wife was sitting there watching me (that's her way of exercising). The video starts you out with a light warm up. Jog in place, lower your knees and jog in place, then jumping jacks. As soon as I started on the jumping jacks, my head started hurting. My wife said that was really weird since I was not over doing anything.
Anyway, I stopped and sat down for a few minutes. I kept drinking Gatorade, and felt better after about 15 minutes.
I decided to start out at a snails pace this time and just did some core circuit moves.
Per my previous post, I just bought a BOSU ball and put it to use.
I did 3 sets of planks for 30 seconds each, then 3 sets of side planks for 30 seconds each.
I did pushups with my perfect pushups (I won't tell the number because I am way too embarrassed with that). Then I did imaginary jump ropes. I repeated this 3 times each circuit.
I then restarted the video, and had no issues. The Cardio video that I was doing is really tough. It had some great Yoga/Stretching moves at the beginning.
I did not finish the video as I had about 18 minutes to go on it. Not bad since I will probably do another session tonight, plus I wanted to do some other core/hip strengthening moves with the BOSU ball.
It is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I may get out and run a little at a park.

No comments:

Post a Comment