Sunday, January 6, 2008

Anyone else out there sick?

I have had about enough of this. I have been sick since Christmas Day.
I have not been able to run much, and I have two big races coming up.
Not that I will be racing them. Actually, I may be racing for next to last place.

My wife and I both have been sick since Christmas, and just cannot get rid of it. It started in my sinuses, then went to my chest. Then back to my sinuses, then to my chest.

I was supposed to go to Mohican today to run 20 - 25 miles. Instead, I woke up at 4:45 to wheezing in my chest, and feeling , like I was on drugs.

I've been on heavy doses of Airbourne and Zycam. I have not had it as bad as my wife because of this, but it just won't go away.

Totals: 0 miles.......Time: To get back into it..........Pace: sick as hell

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,
    Yeah "the bug" is big here in Nebraska and the pace is slow accordingly. Rest a bit, I guess. I do a lot of video work with Dick Beardsley who hails from Minnesota - (#5 US Marathoners all time) he'd tell you the Winter is for rest anyway and he'd lived longer (runningwise) if he'd rested more when the weather was crap.
    Tell me your favorite Ultra. We film 15-18 standard-length marathons each year but I'm very interested in expanding to the biggies - any ideas?

    Nelsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nelson,
    I wished I could take Beardsley's word and rest, but I have two big races coming up. I am trying to find a commercial Treadmill so I can run at home when it gets bad out.
    I'll have to tell you, my favorite Ultra is one that I have never ran...Yet. The Mohican 100, held every 3rd weekend in June is a wonderful race. I have volunteered there the past 3 years, and I can tell you that it is wonderful.
    The people at Mohican are a different breed of greatness. We have a lot of local legends here.
    If you are looking to film the race, the 20th Anniversary is June 2009. We should have a crowd for that one.
    I train at Mohican atleast2-3 times per month as it offers so much in terms of scenery, and solitude.
    Mohican State Park is located in Loudonville, Ohio.

    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete