Saturday, January 26, 2008

More cross training fun

I have been easing back into the routine the past week or so from the plague I caught from someone back in December.
I've been busy catching bargains on Craigslist and eBay for the past few weeks in hopes to keep my workouts more at home and away from lazy people at the gym who don't wipe down the machines after they get done. (I have a fear of getting sick now)


Anyway, I bought a Wavemaster Punching bag on eBay for $36.00. -My dog hates that.

I bought a BOSU ball last night from a Kooky lady from Craigslist for $40.00.


And I acquired the P90x program. -We'll just leave it at that.

I wanted to start working out at home since I get headaches almost daily. If I were to sign up for Crossfit or some other cardio kickboxing class, I just run the risk of wasting my money. If I get a headache, I'll have to stop. -Frustrating
The P90x program has all kinds of things I can do with next to nothing in terms of equipment.
Besides, it has Stretching, Yoga, Plyometrics, Cardio, and Kickboxing... just-to-name-a few-important-ones-to-me.
I was doing the Stretching video the other day, and all I can say is: I am soooo inflexible.
The Stretching and Yoga videos will be my most valuable asset.

I got up early this morning and decided to do the Kenpo Kickboxing video. After about 30 minutes, I developed a migraine. This happens almost every time I start exercising.
When I am running the Red loop at Mohican, I get a migraine going up the Big hill, when I do jump rope, when I start running. I can't win it seems.

I'll just end today with some core work out. Gotta work on the transverse abdominus.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a steal for a BOSU! They're an excellent piece of kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a steal. I got lucky on that one.
    They worked so well when I went through PT that I just had to have one.

    ReplyDelete