Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Same old Tune


I am totally lazy about blogging. I hope this all changes after Javelina. Seems I have nothing interesting really to blog about. I'm also slacking on the reading of other peoples blog entries. I have a lot of catching up to do.
I went to CrossFit today after about a week of not going. I am going to do my best to get there at least 3 times this week.
I've been working out at home, but it isn't the same. At least I am doing something.

Sunday I went out to Mohican with Luc, Luca and Bret. The plan was to meet Rob Powell at the CB for a 13-16 mile run.
Rob ended up not feeling well, so it was just us.
The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was kinda cold at the start and you runners know it changes soon after you get going. The miles just clicked by as we were chatting with each other and harassing one another.
Fun times like this on the trail don't happen often but when they do, I'm loving life.
There is a new trail that Rob had shown us on our last run up there. The plan was that we were going to take the trail back to Bridle Staging and then back to the Covered Bridge. It would give us 16 miles on the day.
The trail was great. Pine needles were everywhere and made for a nice landing with each step.
At one point, I was taking pictures like a dummy and tripped on a root or a rock, and hurt my ankle that was injured months ago during a CrossFit workout.
Not good at all. I don't need this to happen before a race. So, it's back to icing, Prescription Naproxen and easing off a little.
After we got back to the Covered Bridge, I talked Luca to getting in the Mohican River with me to cool down. This would end up being a smart thing as the cold water helped my ankle.

Sunday totals: 16 miles on trail
Monday: Kettlebell workout: Swings, Snatch, Burpees
Tuesday: CrossFit WOD see below:

Warm up:
Run 1 mile
2 rds. of Cindy: 5 Pull ups, 10 Push ups, 15 squats

Skill:
Power Clean
3 sets of 5

WOD:
10 pull ups
10 ring dips
AMRAP 15 minutes
My score: 9 rounds.

1 comment:

  1. I SO remember when I would take a dip in ice cold creeks to speed up the recovery on the legs. Mother nature loves up!

    I get the blogging - behind- thing. I almost stopped all together. Glad I did not know.

    ReplyDelete