Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vibrams and some Ninja trail miles.


I went out for a quick trail run with my pup at a local park here in Pickerington. I wasn't really looking for any kind of work out, it was more about getting my pup outside for an adventure.

I finally received my Vibrams on Friday and have been wearing them as much as possible. Today was a perfect chance to get them out on some sort of trail and do some initial testing.
The day before I CrossFitted in them and they did great. I ran a mile on asphalt and was doing Power Cleans in them.
To me this has been my best purchase so far this year.

When I got to the park I knew right away I was going to test these out in the creek that went through the park. I was walking all over rough terrain through gravel, roots, water and dirt trail.
I was amazed at how well the protected my feet. Now, don't get me wrong they weren't like my Brooks Cascadia, but they did offer some sort of protection. The water drainage was great and seemed dry in no time.
I tested them out on dirt trail, gravel road, creek beds, and grassy fields. All around they did very well.

After the run, Mike Keller called me to see if I wanted to go for a night run. If he hadn't called me, I probably would have been a lazy bum and watched TV all night.
We met in Reynoldsburg and went for a run on a trail that I cannot disclose. : )
Mike showed me his recent medals from the North Coast 24 hour Ednurance run and the Akron Marathon. Awesome! We chatted the entire time which helped keep the pace slow. I was in no hurry.
We ended up with 4.8 miles.


Totals: 2 Miles on trail with pup: Vibrams
4.8 miles: Trail

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking lately about Vibrams. It seems most who own them like them.....I am still not too sure. I think I would like to try a pair before buying, but even that may not tell me much as there is a "break in" period for anything new.

    ReplyDelete