Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back is not Back

My back is not back to normal that is. Close, but still having some residual pain. I took my pup out tonight to Sycamore Creek Park here in town for a run in the Arboretum. I wore my Vibrams as I didn't want to cross Sycamore Creek in my Trail shoes and get them soaked before I run my race. I started out slow and noticed my back was really tight. I took it easy and concentrated on lightly hitting the ground with my feet. I was a little worried as 1 mile approached, my back didn't feel all that great. I wasn't in a lot of pain just some radiating from my lower back.
I stopped and stretched a little on a park bench and it seemed to help....a little.
We left the Arboretum and headed out to the open soccer fields. I was pushing Buxton to go a little further so I could at least get in 2 miles. We stopped for a few photo ops, and met up with one of his buddies; an 8 month old Belgian Shepard named Tolkien. Seemed Buxton didn't want much to do with Tolkien as he tried so hard to get away from him a few times.

Anyway, we got back to the car and not sure what it was, but it seemed that last 1/2 mile I didn't think one thing about my back. Seemed it had loosened up a little.
I'm just worried what will happen over a 100 mile span. I may need to just suck it up and work through it. Enjoy the pictures.



He wouldn't cross the creek any further.....so I had to go back.



Tolkien and Buxton playing. He looks like a little wolf.

7 comments:

  1. Hang on in there, i am sure it will all fall into place raceday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your back holds up this weekend. Hopefully I'll catch a glimps of you out at JJ100. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, the weather should be about perfect for the race - highs in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 40s and clear skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes. I am sure I will be running.
    It is my hope it will warm up when I have gotten a few miles in.
    I cannot wait.
    Chad, I heard the weather was near perfect. I hope the weatherman is right this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first I looked at the pictures. The last one got me :)

    Don't you love when something is talking to you during a run and all of a sudden you begin to freak only to have it disappear towards the very end.

    You will be fine. NO WORRIES!

    ReplyDelete