Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beer Run


Tonight I met up with Autumn, and her group tonight for a Beer Run at Hal and Al's in Columbus.
I've been wanting to get back to this group run for a while now, I just seem to always have something come up and I can never make it.
I was a tad nervous as the last couple of times I've done this beer run, I've ended up with a terrible headaches. I would have a beer and then have a headache before we reached our next destination. It kinda sucks if you are at a Beer Run and not drinking.
We started off at about 7:00PM, and clicked off a little less than a mile and a half to Roosters in German Village for a beer. Rita buys two pitchers and for some reason, I have to help finish the second pitcher. I had two pints of Bud Light and we were off to the next.

I cannot remember the next two places, and it had nothing to do with the beer. We ran past Schmidt's Sausage Haus. I wanted to keep running right into the place and scarf all the cream puffs and Bahama Mama's and German Beer I could get. Maybe next time.

I know I was having a blast and chatting it up with Rita Barnes who is a Mohican veteran and a Vol State finisher (a 500k Ultra Run across Tennessee). It was great to meet new people on this run. To me, this is what it is all about.

I do remember I had a Stella Artois for the first time and it was really good. The third stop was an IPA from Avery Brewing Company. It was a good IPA, but not my favorite. I think I am forever ruined by Stoudt's Double IPA. To me the best IIPA I have ever had. Funny I remember the names of the beer, but not the places we went. Hmmmm.

The final stop was back at Hal and Al's where we were treated to Pizza and I had a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. I wished I didn't have to go to work, but I had to get going, enough fun for the night, and not too much beer. I will be back in November for the end of the month Beer Run. I am sure it will be beyond cold at that point. I think we got down to below 50 degrees during the run.
It didn't feel like it really.



Totals: 4 1/2 miles: road

4 comments:

  1. Let me know when the next beer run is, I'd love to join you guys. I haven't had a chance to run with Rita in a while and this definitely sounds like a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me help you out... First stop as you mentioned, Roosters. Second stop was very close by and has an excellent food and alcohol selection, Jimmy V's. And last before heading back to our host Hal & Al's was Hey Hey, famous for their saurkraut balls. Excellent run and that leader's not so bad either. : ) Glad you made it! AmD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks AmD. I am such a retard when I am running. Must be all the blood rushing from my head to my legs.
    I'm only good at directions when running and not remembeering details such as names and places. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just looking at the menu on the place looks awesome. I'd see no reason to run on by it.

    ReplyDelete