Thursday, August 20, 2009

TreadKill Workout

Another TreadKill workout tonight as I am trying to work on getting my legs to remember what it was like to run at non trail running speed. Meaning, I need to speed it up a little.
If you're a trail runner like me, you'll notice that you're not as fast as you are on the road. Now, this is an obvious observation, but it seems when I go back to road or treadmill running, I am still as slow as when I am running on trail. -Not a good thing.
I've never claimed to be fast, with the exception of when I was younger, a lot younger. When I was in Elementary, Middle School and even in High School, I was hard to beat at short distances.
You shoulda seen my sisters trying to catch me to beat the hell out of me for something I did. They couldn't catch me......until later when I had forgotten all about them chasing me. Wham!

My 8th grade year, I believe my 400m PR was around 53-54 seconds. I wished I could go back and see my stats for when I ran.
Fast forward to now, and I am slow as dirt. Who cares. Actually, In reality I do care 'cause I really don't want to come in Dead Last in a race.

I've skipped all my CrossFit workouts this week for some reason or another. Mainly busy stuff, and running. I may go tomorrow, who knows.
Anyway, I'm still planing my Javelina Race and California Trip in October/November. I don't want to wish away time, but I freakin cannot wait.
I'm hoping to get a little running in on the beach. I decided to camp out on the beach for 4 days and just relax. Hopefully, I'll be sore as hell, drinking a beer and smiling from ear to ear from my Javelina finish.

Treadkill workout: 5 Miles total:
Mile 1: Warm up: 10:48
Mile 2: 8:46
Mile 3: 8:46
Mile 4: 8:34
Mile 5: Cool Down: 9:39

3 comments:

  1. Road and Treadmill are a very different animal, I agree. It's easy to fall into the usual slower pace because you'll know you go far. That's why I am building rapid speed now, so I can be also faster on the trail.

    Great job on your mill miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are.
    It can be exhausting sometimes to run fast on trail especially if the footing is tricky.
    I need to work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "slow as dirt" - nice touch, intended or not. But I beg to differ, 8:34 isn't exactly tortoise slow. Tread on!!

    ReplyDelete