Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slackin again -on the blog


I've been working out just not posting anything. I've been lazy about adding up my mileage and everything. Sometimes I want to just train and not keep track of it. I hate having my running/lifting logs. I have no CrossFit Log as I simply want to use my races as a gauge for my training.

I've mainly been running on my Treadmill. I think it's been a convenience thing plus, I can train in the heat of my Garage. I like using the treadmill to help keep the legs turning over and it is nice to force yourself into a Tempo run at the push of a button. Plus, the kegerator is close by....for water that is.

Tonight I finally went to CrossFit after a week and a half. I simply cannot make it on time and have been just working out/running at home.
After CrossFit, I decided to do a Tabata Run. I love/hate these.
Try them. They are different, and are definitely not fun. At the same time, suck it up and do them sure beats a 5 mile tempo run.
Tabata: 20 seconds of work, followed by 10 seconds of rest, 8 Rounds - which is 4 minutes.
Turn your treadmill up as high as you can stand it, set a clock...and GO!

I have about 2 1/2 weeks left for Dances with Dirt. I am not looking forward to this at all. If I do decide to run the 50 miler, I think it will be used as a training run and not "raced". Those of you that know me, I am not a racer anyway, so...I guess they all are training runs.


CrossFit:
Warm up: 30 Squats, 30 KB Swings (53lb KB), 30 Push Ups, 20 Roll Overs

Skill: Pendlay Rows 5x5 (135 lbs)

WOD:
50 Mountain Climbers
40 Flutter Kicks
30 KB High Swings
20 Box Jumps
10 KB Lunges
20 Box Jumps
30 KB High Swings
40 Flutter Kicks
50 Mountain Climbers

My time: 9:03

4 comments:

  1. As long as you are training who cares about the logging!!!Sometimes it just feels better to go run and train without being anal about it. I think that's the way the super fast ultra runners do it; by intuition and the love for the act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DWD looks like a kick in the pants, go enjoy it.

    And log those miles. I'm sure you'll want to go back and look at the logs 25 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suffer, do the 50. Don't be a some candy ass wimp like....that Don Baun.

    At least you are getting regular blogs posted, something I am very spotty about doing.

    Anyway you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete