Monday, August 10, 2009

Just when you get comfortable.....

Yep, you got it. I went to CrossFit today thinking I'd wing it and then be ready to go out and ride 20-30 miles on my bike as I had planned. Wrong.
I knew something was up when Tonya wrote down the Warm up, and she said "I thought I'd take it easy on you guys during the warm up". Not sure what she was talking about 'cause the damn warm up was hard.
Typically the Skill isn't all that bad. It about learning correct form and concentrating on quality not quantity.
We had to use the rower and row 3 sets and the best average time won. For some reason we had problems with our rower and we weren't able to get an accurate number on my 1st and 3rd set.
I think the first set was about 1:45. The second was correct at 1:50, and the 3rd I think was about 1:50. After all the sets, I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. I was toast. -Sweet!

After the Skill, we were all thinking maybe they'll feel bad for us and let us skip the WOD. Wrong.
When Tonya wrote on the board: 21-15-9, we knew it was gonna suck and by that I mean: Fran.

Fran is the kind of workout that makes you nearly blackout. during the entire rowing skill, all we saw were those numbers. We had no idea what it would really be.
After the row session, I really wanted to be done. No more. I couldn't take it. The humidity was bad and this isn't an air conditioned pansy ass gym either. It smells of steel, rubber tires and sweat. -Awesome.
When we learned of the WOD, I really wanted a catastrophic event to occur so we wouldn't have to start the work out. It didn't happen. AS I stood there at my station looking at that Barbell, the only thing I could do was tell myself Suck it up. It's workouts like this that will make your body change.

My time: 15:38
On a side note, my shoulder is toast. I think I'll be calling and Ortho to have it looked at and possibly some surgery after Javelina in November. There are so many people with shoulder problems anymore that is almost common. This is regardless if you workout or you don't.
After Rogue, I decided no more. I was done for the day. Instead, I took my pup swimming. See video below. Sorry for the wind. A Storm was rolling through.


No comments:

Post a Comment