Monday, August 17, 2009

20 miles on 20 gallons

Yesterday was Brew Day once again.
In my world, Brew Day can trump any previous day I've had that week. I brewed with my brew club, actually, it was just Patrick and I. We both love Belgian Beer, and decided to brew a Witbier.
This Witbier was to be brewed using techniques barely known by most homebrewers. I won't go into details, but we used a type of Mashing process called Turbid Mashing. You can see in a couple of the pictures during our first Turbid Mash runnings, we got this milky white Wort from the grain.
It is a lengthy Mash schedule, but I would gamble to say it will turn out to be some incredible beer. Patrick really knows his stuff, and it is from him that I learned to do All Grain Brewing.
We ended up with about 20 gallons. Check out the Link to the pictures: BREW DAY!



Today, like a crazy fool, I decided to go out and run 20 miles, all on road, in the heat of the day.
I paid dearly for it. My heart rate was high as it typically is when it's hot outside. I walked a little more than I wanted to, but it was just to get fluids in me and to keep moving.
I needed to do this to help me get ready for Javelina. It probably won't be as hot in October/November out there, but I want to be prepared.
You'll see me posting more on my heat training in weeks to come. I plan on running in my garage on my treadmill with the door shut for extra heat. It gets so hot in there.
I plan on some more crazy "training" so stay tuned. Just when you thought I was nuts.......it's gonna get more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a cool picture. Yes you are crazy... but in a good way.

    Where in the heck does all of this home brew disappear to???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now doing be going out and gettin' hit by no trains, you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray: I would never. I did run down those tracks that day with no headphones on. Man was it hot on those tracks.

    ReplyDelete