Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pluggin along and feeling good.

I purposely slept in today thinking I may get a little heat late morning into the afternoon. This would not be the case. We have had some weird weather here in Ohio. We've had maybe 1 or 2 days that hit in the 90's. That's it!
When I went out this morning it was in the low 70's and pretty much stayed that way.
I need heat to train in!
I took the bike out for a ride around town to do some exploring.
It was great to explore new parts of town I had not been on my bike.
It was kinda uneventful. No police were involved though. Ended up with about 30 miles.
After the ride, I went home and got my 40 lb vest on and headed to Chestnut Ridge Metro Park.
I ended up just power walking as I have not used my vest in a while for running and didn't want to chance injuring myself. I kept a steady pace throughout the walk and never stopped on the uphills.
This workout felt great. I ended up with a little over 4 miles for the walk. Again the time out at Chestnut Ridge was uneventful. In the pictures below there is an opening in which you can see Downtown Columbus off in the distance. The zoom on my camera was able to pick it up better in the second picture. With the naked eye, the view is awesome.
The final picture (I hope you can click on it to see it). There was a small Garter snake, maybe about 3 feet long slithering across the trail.




1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those snakes...more than can be said for the weight vest!

    ReplyDelete