Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not you average pansy track workout

I decided it was time to start seriously training again. I had enough time to rest and I feel that I'm in need of some heart pounding CrossFit work outs and some long slow trail runs.

I went to CrossFit tonight and knew it would be bad. I was hoping no one would show up and it would just be me. Turns out one other showed up. Oh well.
The work out was going to be a good one. It involved running and a nasty CrossFit move that always makes people stomachs churn when they hear the word: Burpees.

Burpee demonstration

I needed this workout, I needed to suck it up and just do it. This will be the first of many ass kicking, fight for survival, near death experience type workouts I am always after.
This is what makes you the best you can be. All I need to do is convince my brain to get on board and just Suck it Up.

Warm up: 10-1 (10 reps, 9 reps, 8 reps........1 rep)
Push Ups
KB Swings: 53 lbs


Skill: Push Press to Max: 3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1 my max: 155 lbs

WOD:
1 Mile Run
50 Burpees
1 Mile Run

My time: 19:51 (Some Dude did it in 13:32. Amazing!)

This was the first time I ever walked during a workout. Those Burpees killed me.

6 comments:

  1. Burpees are a killer have they got you doing bastards yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PathFinder: Click on the Burpee Demonstration link I just reposted in the Blog Post. -They suck. Especially 50 of them....after running a mile, then another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A burpee? Sounds like a fun way to exercise. I hope they're not too painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home brew.... just read your earlier post. you are the master but what a mess :)

    Burpees... who comes up with names like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you could get pretty creative with the burpees. I assume you added the back flip off the rings into your routine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete