Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weather 101: Check it before heading out!

I woke up way too late today to make it to CrossFit on time. It was either a run or a Ride. I chose a ride since I will be doing a lot of running this weekend.
I didn't check the weather before setting out on my Ride. Bad Choice. I never thought it would rain since the rain usually goes around my town and soaks everyone else.
Here is a nice shot of the sun setting to the west this evening while on the home stretch.

About 5 minutes earlier it started to sprinkle then I could see a wall of rain coming at me fast and furious. About 6 miles out from home, I was in trouble. Luckily, I found a Church just 400m away. I pull in under a pavilion just in time to get a picture of this:

Nearly soaked. Made it just in time.

About 20 minutes later I am still sitting around doing nothing.


Finally after about 30 minutes, I was able to slip away and ride the rest of the way home and not get wet.
Totals: 20.42 miles -Bike
Yesterday's CF WOD: (Nice WOD by the way. Running is always good)
Warm up:
1 Mile Run (I'm back full force in this department)
30 Squats
30 Push Ups
20 Pull Ups (I'm back to sucking even more at these)
Skill: Over Head Squats (OHS)
5x5 (my weight: 95 lbs)
WOD:
10 Deadlifts (My weight: 185)
400m Run
4 Rounds for time.
My time: 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment