Monday, June 30, 2008

Speed Work with 4 legs

I utilized my best buddy tonight in getting some speed work in. I have been holding off taking him on any runs with me until I got the green light from the surgeon that he can go full blast.
Every time I put my shoes on, he would look at me anxious to go.
He knew as soon as I opened the door and said: "Let's go" that we were off on a run.

We took off full blast down my road for about 200 yards, until....we hit the first tree with a scent.
I slowed down a little and a few seconds later off again hard and fast.
This pattern kept like this nearly the entire time. Good way to get a fartlek in and allow the dog to come along with me.

Some storms had past over a little while earlier and two giant rainbows appeared side by side.
I was bummed I didn't have my camera with me.

After we got back home, I hopped on the treadmill for a 1 mile warm up at 9:22 pace, and then ran some sprints at a 6:49 pace followed by a cool down.

I think in all I ended up with about 3.5 or 4 miles total.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rob. Good to be back. Hope to stay a little longer this time.

    ReplyDelete