Sunday, June 29, 2008

Blacklick Woods

I decided to go run at Blacklick Woods today. I have not been there this year at all. This park is about 10 minutes from my house and I never utilize it enough.
When I got there, the rain was well on it's way, and pretty much poured the entire 4 miles. I did not complain as this seemed to drive people away, and I pretty much had the trail to myself.
The rain was more welcome than the heat.
Although the main loop has no elevation, except one tiny hill, I still walked a little after I ran hard up the hill.
I ran the first mile in 9:16, and slowed down after that.

Total: 4 Miles

3 comments:

  1. Nick, Mike had just moved to Columbus and has run in that same park system!
    You two either know each other already, or have met at Mohican.
    Check out Mike's blog at www.fitfromfat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a 20 mile weekend LR with no week day runs?? Wow, that is a feat to pull off. All or nothing. In this case, ALL.

    I was there in Chicago '07 also. I had issues begin for me at mile 15. Congratulations on making it to 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nitmos,
    At the time, that was not a good thing for me to do since I was running only on the roads. Now that I run trail/pavement, I have been typically putting in mileage during the week on top of a 20+ miler every Sunday.

    I did finish Chicago, actually in 2005, albeit slower than I wanted to. Would love to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete