Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Post Back

Well, I blame someone in particular for starting this back up but, I will not name names (%M%a*r@k*C#a$r!r*o^l$l).........

Anyway, a ton of things has happened since my last post. It seems like years since then.
Yes, I did lose interest in the blog. In fact, it was the start to a miserable downward spiral to many things in life.
I was pretty bad off most of the summer. I was in pain nearly all the time. I eventually broke down and asked my doctor to prescribe something for the pain. I was told by three different, wonderful doctors that there was nothing that they could give me. I had nothing I could take. Talk about a dismal outlook on life.
All through this I thought about running and how bad I missed it. I was able to keep brewing, but not being able to run and workout was haunting me to the core.
I was really wishing I lived in my favorite state in the US (California) where I could be prescribed "a controversial substance". I was close to obtaining some, but in the end, things turned around for me.
I'm actually glad it never came to fruition. I have a great job and a great life. Why chance messing it up despite being in pain.
In late October I started feeling much better. I had stumbled upon something that has really turned my life around. The meds I was taking before made me really sick so I decided to stop taking them. I broke down in October and told my doctor that I wanted to get back on them to at least feel good 1-2 days out of the week.
I found out by taking the meds every day as opposed to twice a week, I was able to keep the level of medicine in my body stable and thus work more effectively. I will say since November I have only had 1-2 headaches and they were caused from drinking one too many pints the night before.
Today, I feel stronger, smarter and more ready than ever at not just running, but life in general.
I'm still recovering from nagging injuries that never seemed to heal but, it is my hope that I will slowly ease back into running and possibly some Crossfit again. I'm addicted to this stuff.
I feel like a race car (slow one) just sitting in a garage and not out racing.
As I type this off the top of my head, I am assuming I will pick up where I left off: Running, Brewing, my Black Lab and being a smart ass. What else is there?
Why this Blog name? Well, I feel like I have been given a second chance to catch my breath and to continue down my chosen path in life. My destiny is being unraveled right before my eyes.

I may surprise you by my current outlook on life and I may unveil some things that may seem off the wall. In the end, I really don't care what is perceived of me. I can say I am becoming a much happier person in life and my outlook altogether is positive. Thanks to my big brother Hal, I think I have discovered the true me and no longer question why I think differently from others. All I ask is that you have an open mind.

It's time to live Life.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me think of the last Rocky and his speech about it "not being about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can GET hit and keep going." I am looking forward to some walking and running with you soon. I might even come do an intro at your crossfit place if that is possible.

    After I get back from vacation let's stay on each other about getting together. BTW - what are you doing April 2nd this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. I've always appreciated your friendship.
    I'm not Crossfitting now, but I do want to start back up.
    I agree.
    Have a great vacation and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete